iOS 17 Preview
Are you an Apple fan or iPhone User ready to experience the latest and greatest innovations Apple offers with the newest iOS 17 Operating system version? This operating system is designed to run on the new upcoming iPhone devices.
Many new features are introduced in this new upcoming operating system, from innovative new tools like FaceTime and Messages to minor improvements for other apps that allow you to easily create stunning visuals and enhance networking capabilities that let you stay connected.
No matter where you are, this update promises unprecedented convenience for iPhone users. iOS 17 has new and enhanced features that will make your device more competent and enjoyable than ever.
We discuss everything you need to know about this beta version. We discuss the latest versions of the beta and how to get your hands on that, and we explain when the final version of iOS 17 will come out and how to get it when it does, which models of iPhone will be able to run iOS 17 and the features that will be added in the new OS.
iOS 17 Release Date
Apple announced the iOS 17 Developer beta version on 5 June 2023 after the WWDC event. Apple said they will release iOS 17 to the general public in September 2023. Apple iPhone 15 event has to be held on 12 September 2023, so we can expect that iOS 17 also be released with that.
Here is the list of release dates of new versions of iOS in the past years
- iOS 16: Monday, 12 September 2022
- iOS 15: Monday, 20 September 2021
- iOS 14: Wednesday, 16 September 2020
- iOS 13: Thursday, 19 September 2019
- iOS 12: Monday, 17 September 2018
Based on recent history, there was a gap of 5-7 days between the release date of the iPhone 14 and iOS 16 in 2022. So, we predict that iOS 17 launch on Monday, 18 September 2023.
IOS 17 Features
IOS 17, the beta version of the newest Operating system introduced by the iPhone, comes with many exciting and outstanding new features that will make your phone run faster and transform your photos and videos into animated stickers. It can even reproduce your voice while using Artificial intelligence.
We have listed the key features of the iOS 17 Operating system, and here is the list announced by Apple officially.
Below, we’ve listed many of the top features in the new operating system version, and we’ll continue to add notable changes as the beta progresses.
For the complete list of changes, you can read Apple’s website.
- Standby mode
- Contact Posters
- Live Voicemail
- Personal Voice
- Offline Apple Maps
- Share Passwords with friends, family, and colleagues
- Automatically delete iPhone 2FA codes
- Interactive widgets
- Messages new UI and stickers
- Screen Distance for Eye Health
- Shared Air Tags
- Animated Stickers
How to Download & Install iOS 17 Beta
After the release of the iOS 17 beta version for developers in June 2023, Apple has now released a beta version only for those participating in the iPhone developer beta program. IPhone users can install this iOS beta for free by signing up for the free Apple Dev program, but before that, they have to check whether their device is compatible with iOS 17.
Follow the steps to successfully download and install the newest version of Apple’s iPhone Operating System.
Steps to download the iOS 17 operating system on iPhone
1. Ensure you have a supported device, as iOS 17 beta will not work on all devices.
2. Go to Safari Browser on your iPhone and visit developer.apple.com.
3. Click on the menu icon in the page’s top-left corner, then tap Account.
4. Under “Sign in to Apple Developer,” enter your Apple ID and password, then enter the two-factor authentication code sent to your devices.
5. Click on the top-left menu icon again, then tap Account.
6. Accept the legal terms and conditions of the Apple Developer Agreement by scrolling down the page, enabling the check box, and clicking on I Agree.
7. One crucial thing to make sure your iPhone is running iOS 16.4 or later by going to Settings -> General -> Software Update. If it is, and you have just completed steps 1-6 to register a developer account, restart your iPhone. If it isn’t, download and install the latest update to your device, then wait for it to restart.
8. Open Settings -> General -> Software Update.
9. Tap Beta Updates. If you don’t see the option, try switching off Download iOS Updates (Automatic Updates -> Download iOS Updates), then tap Back, and it should appear.
10. Select iOS 17 Developer Beta in the list, then tap Back.
11. Wait for the Software Update screen to check Apple’s servers. When the iOS 17 Developer Beta appears, tap Download and Install, then follow the instructions and wait for the installation to complete.
You can also watch this video:
Download by connecting your device with MAC Book
Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Connect your device to the MAC Book using a USB cable and launch iTunes.
On the home screen, select your device under Devices in the left sidebar menu.
Click on the “Check for update” button.
A prompt will appear asking to install the iOS 17 beta software update. Accept this and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once the installation is complete, restart your device twice for best performance.
After rebooting, you should see the welcome screen followed by the Home Screen of your updated device.
You’re now all set to use the latest beta version. Enjoy!
It is crucial to remember that this iOS Beta is still a work in progress and may not include all features, bug fixes, or optimizations from future software versions. Apple recommends that users back up their devices before installing any updates.
Apple plans to introduce iOS 17 in the iPhone 15 series, but more than 20+ different iPhone Models support iOS 17 updates. You can check from the list whether your phone is compatible, and here is the list of iPhones eligible for iOS 17 according to the given requirements.
Here is the list:
- iPhone 15 Pro series (will ship with iOS 17)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE 2nd generation and newer
This is the official list of devices that are compatible with iOS 17.
Apple iOS 17 Operating system is one of the significant updates. Its beta version for developers was announced on 5 June 2023 at the WWDC event, and it is expected to release its full version in September 2023. Some of the key features of iOS 17 are Live Voicemail, Shared AirTags, and Contact Posters.
These features bring significant improvements to the iPhone.
IOS 17 is an important update that brings many new features and enhancements to the iPhone. It is expected to be released in September 2023 and is compatible with all iPhones from the iPhone 13 onwards. If you’re an iPhone user, I recommend upgrading to the iOS 17 beta and full versions when available.